POSTURE ASSESSMENT + Myofascial Implications
Introduction to Body Reading and Myofascial Implciations
Changing the way you see movement
WHY THIS WORKSHOP?
This foundational hands-on workshop will introduce participants to how Posture Assessment can change the way you see movement patterns. .
- Assist clients break through barriers (plateaus) by better understanding myofascial relationships as a way of improving movement potential.
- Develop practical assessment skills regarding balance and symmetry as they relate to Myofascial Patterns.
- Program considerations will be introduced that can be used to support your work with clients.
- Introduce principles of movement integration – essential before addressing fundamental structural and functional issues.
- Emphasis will be placed on body reading and visual analysis as they relate to the relevant Myofascial patterns.
Why does Posture (Structure) matter to the Personal Trainer?
Ask someone to ‘stand up straight’, ‘draw your core in’, or ‘lift your chest upwards and out’ only allows you to touch someone for a moment in time. It is an attempt to apply an external influence to ‘push through’, rather than release, mold, and expand.
Several factors that impact imbalances along all planes of movement are working to create this pattern. Issues of support from below, adaptability, and capacity of the overall structure to work with the changes are just a few.
To improve overall balance one must first look (assess) at the deepest level of restriction and map the way out from this point, to the most superficial aspects of the presenting pattern; always striving for integration.